Saturday 17 September 2011

The Confederate Army of Oxford – An Update


When I began working on the Confederate Army of Oxford a year or two ago, I had a specific goal I was working towards. This has changed slightly over time, but basically it consisted of the following:
4 Brigades of Infantry (20 Figures Each)
1 Brigade of Cavalry (8 Figures)
3 Batteries of Artillery (1 gun and crew each)
5 Generals

Well, I’m very quickly closing in on my goal. In fact, here is what I have left to paint:

1 General
18 Infantry
1 Cannon plus Crew

Now even when I reach my goal, that doesn’t mean the army is finished. I don’t suppose it will ever be finished. I’m sure I will continue to add bits and pieces to it for years to come. In fact, I already know several units and individual figures that I would love to add to the army. However, once I reach my goal, I will be switching my main attention to the boys in blue. It’s all well and good having a miniature civil war army, but if they don’t have anyone to fight...

1 comment:

  1. A hundred yards is a long walk for them, but if they could just get there it would give them a lot more room to maneuver.

    Jim McCullough

    ReplyDelete